“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”― Roy T. Bennett
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are short and powerful statements or phrases that encourage and motivate a person while provoking an optimistic mindset. Affirmations are often used to affirm and build yourself. I am a huge believer that all thoughts and words have power. When you have a recurrence of certain thoughts and words, this may create your reality, for better or worse. Affirmations have the ability to change your thought patterns and aid in overcoming negative self-talk.
Being Intentional with Affirmations
As mentioned earlier, recurring thoughts and words have the power to create your reality. Therefore, when choosing affirmations, you must be intentional by dedicating time to saying them, whether it is saying them out loud, thinking about them, or reading them. Personally, I read a list of affirmations that I resonate with every morning before I start my day. It doesn’t guarantee me a positive day, but it does mentally prepare me to conquer the day, whatever may happen. Also, it is important to not only be specific in what you want in your affirmations, but to use them in present tense and not as if we are waiting for them to happen (we want results, and we want them now).
Does Affirmations Work?
I believe this depends on a person’s perspective. Some may sense a change in their mindset after regularly saying affirmations, while others may say it’s a hoax. My thoughts? I feel that this universe is too vast to not remain open to alternative methods that may accelerate my healing journey. Affirmations don’t make my days any easier, but they help me cope and prevent me from staying in a dark place. Affirmations provide me the courage to be openly vulnerable with you all, and not even bat an eye. Seriously. I can write a whole emotional post, cry about it, and then be completely chipper after LOL. Affirmations have given me something I deprived myself of for so long- empowerment.
Want to try affirmations but don’t know where to begin? Here are 22 affirmations that resonate with me to spark and uplift your soul:
- You radiate love and happiness.
- Resting is needed. You are entitled to it and deserving of it.
- I do not need the company of others to feel complete. I am more than enough and enjoy being in my own solitude.
- I am safe and I am well.
- I am healthy and I am loved.
- My imperfections are what make me unique and beautiful.
- I choose to move my focus on happy experiences.
- Despite how I feel, I understand this feeling and situation are temporary.
- My peace is my power.
- Today, and every day, I choose joy.
- I am inhaling confidence and exhaling fear.
- I am accepting myself unconditionally.
- I respect myself and treat myself with kindness and love.
- Success is defined by my willingness to keep going.
- I respect my limitations and am grateful for the capabilities that I have.
- My body does not determine my worth.
- I will care and treat myself gently through the process of healing.
- No matter what, I’ll see the beautiful truth about myself.
- I decided to free everything which weigh me down.
- I’m inhaling strength with every breath I take and exhaling my fear.
- I am creative enough to express myself.
- I am content with what I have. I rejoice in the way things are. I realize that there is nothing lacking. The whole world belongs to me.
I hope these affirmations have inspired you to adapt them into your lifestyle. With an open mind, infinite opportunities are possible. We often place so much of our energy to negative situations in our life. Why not take that power back and invest it in something that may turn your reality into a more positive experience? Sending much love to you all ❤
Do you practice affirmations? What are some of your favorite affirmations? Let me know in the comments! I would love to hear from you.
Do you enjoy reading my blogs? Perhaps you would like to buy me a coffee?
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount