“Celebrations infuse life with passion and purpose. They summon the human spirit.”– Terrence E. Deal
It’s been three years since I decided to hit that ‘Publish’ button on my newly created WordPress site. On April 4, 2019, I released my first blog post ever and I still remember the feelings of overwhelm, anxiety, and fear I experienced in that moment. What if I was judged by what I wrote? What if this was all a waste of time? I’ve fallen victim to Imposter Syndrome in many different scenarios in my life and this was no different. But with eyes completely closed shut, I took the leap anyways, and I am so happy that I did!
Three years. Three years of trial and error, multiple hiatuses, and rebuilding, redirecting, and rebranding. In my third year, after an 11-month hiatus, I think this is the first time I am remaining consistent with my posts, as well as intentional with my content. I believe that calls for celebration! I am beyond proud of my growth with Ang Meets Soul.
For those of you who have been with me from the very beginning, thank you for your continued support! The longevity and growth of my site depends on you all and I am eternally grateful for the words of encouragement I have received over the years, especially in the moments that I felt like quitting. If you are just joining our little community, welcome! Happy to have you here and I hope you stick around. 😊
To kickstart the celebration of my blogiversary, here are three things I am sharing about Ang Meets Soul turning the big 3!
3 Accomplishments I’ve Achieved in My Third Year:
- Reached my first 1000 subscribers. This was a very pleasant surprise as this occurred during my hiatus last year.
- Reached all-time high stats of most views on a blog post. This was for my post Five Hidden Gem Attractions in Florida to Explore. I am still trying to grasp my head around SEO tactics, but this was an unintended win for me!
- Significantly grew my Twitter following and interaction. Twitter has been treated as the stepchild of social media platforms in the past (I’m so sorry!). But I am so grateful for the writing community in Twitter. They have been a main driver of my blog’s growth and success. I am just a few followers shy of 1050 now after being stuck under the 500-mark for so long.
3 of My Favorite Blog Posts:
An Ode to Self-Love. Released on February 5, 2020, An Ode to Self-Love was an open and honest post about my battle with depression and anxiety. And you wonder why this was one of my favorite posts? It was empowering to own my flaws and acknowledge that although I was not okay, I would eventually find my way to healing and happiness. “Sometimes self-care requires you to sit in your own darkness and push yourself to find the light.” If you’re interested, feel free to check out the post here.
Fourteen Things I Would Tell My Younger Self. This is one of my newer posts and was released on February 3, 2022. It was also one of my most popular blog posts with a total of 52 comments. I like to regularly visit this post to cheer myself up whenever I am feeling down. It is a great reminder to keep going! If you need a dose of positivity, feel free to check it out here.
An Open Letter to a Single Father: Thank You, Papi. Released on Father’s Day 2020, this open letter served as a tribute to my father, who raised me on his own since I was the age of 13. We have shared many painful memories together, but this letter was staged as a story of triumph, a testimony of the many obstacles we overcame together. I still tear up when I read this blog post as I hold it very near and dear to my heart. Feel free to check it out here and don’t forget to grab the tissues while you’re at it!
3 Goals I Hope to Accomplish in My Continued Blogging Journey:
- Learning more about SEO. I do not have a clue when it comes to SEO but I am hoping to expand my knowledge in this so I can continue to grow my blog by directing more traffic to my site.
- Updating older blogs. Until recently, it never occurred to me that it is important to update outdated content, especially to boost organic traffic. When a post is updated, it becomes relevant to the audience again such as those using Google to research certain topics.
- Converting my blog posts into audio. WordPress has a new feature where you can covert a blog post into an audio file, almost like a podcast episode. I adore my readers and cannot thank you enough for hanging with me throughout the years but there are many other people who prefer audio over reading. I would like to tap into that audience as well.
And that’s all she wrote, folks! Thank you for celebrating with me. Who knew that I would be here, three years later, still going strong! To those who are starting a new venture or thinking of starting a new one, don’t overthink it. Don’t talk yourself out of it and don’t expect overnight success. Anything worth having takes continuous effort, nonstop research, and an abundance of time. Don’t allow yourself to be overcritical and just enjoy the journey for what it is- a learning experience. Learning is half the fun. I know that sounds cliché but it’s true. But above all, keep going. For Ang Meets Soul and I, three years down and hopefully many more to go!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please let me know in the comments! Or just drop a note, whatever is on your mind; this is a safe space. I would love to hear from you all! ❤
Do you enjoy reading my blogs? Perhaps you would like to buy me a coffee?
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount